A further $1,219,570 has been awarded to the Latrobe Valley for Community projects across the area.
Community groups, council and government representatives met today at the Northern Reserve in Morwell to celebrate the announcement from the Latrobe Valley Authority’s Community and Facility Fund.
Grant amounts listed below:
- Morwell Junior Football Club – $210,000 grant for installation of new AFL compliant lighting at Northern Reserve in Morwell.
- Latrobe Valley Yacht Club – $16,265 grant for strategic planning to identify infrastructure needs and help identify suitable sites or mergers for the Club.
- Latrobe City Council – $274,438 grant for construction of a community meeting space and public toilet at the Traralgon Railway Reservoir Conservation Reserve.
- Latrobe City Council – $318,131 grant for a major refurbishment of Yinnar and District Community Hall including installation of a rollaway stage and storage areas, new timber floor, ceiling and insulation, BCA compliant kitchen, toilet upgrades, two new meeting rooms and reception area.
- Lake Wellington Yacht Club – $900 for planning costs to improve accessibility.
- Boolarra Folk Festival – $97,945 to restore and extend the Old Boolarra Post Office to create a base for the Folk Festival Committee and a community resource.
- Maffra Lawn Tennis – $15,000 to undertake advanced design for the refurbishment of the clubrooms.
- Gippsland International Inc. – $195,500 to carry out preservation work on Dredger 21 at the entrance of Power Works in Morwell.
- Heyfield Golf Club – $34,200 to install an automated sprinkler system including pop-up sprinklers and battery-powered WiFi controllers at each green and tee to manage the irrigation system remotely.
- Ellinbank Badminton Club – $10,000 to upgrade flooring and accessibility at the Club’s home courts.
- Valencia Soldiers Memorial Hall Inc. – $47,191 to upgrade the hall, including a kitchen upgrade, heating and cooling, acoustic treatment and audio-visual upgrades.